Data protection declaration for Sector Alarm’s customers and others
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy declaration explains what personal data Sector Alarm collects from you and others and how we use that data.
Sector Alarm will use your personal data in order to follow up requests and to fulfill the agreement regarding delivery of alarm services and rental of alarm equipment, as well as any agreed additional services.
This includes processing for identifying and contacting you as customer, contact persons or other interested party, installing alarms and optional enhancements, service and maintenance, monitoring alarm situations and any additional services, as well as personalizing the service. The information is also used to ensure that outsiders cannot access information and functionality in the service. In addition, Sector Alarm may use the information to improve and develop existing and new services, and to send you replies to your requests, information, news and offers from Sector Alarm, unless you choose to opt out of receiving such information. Moreover, Sector Alarm obtains national identity number or corporate identity and performs a credit rating prior to the establishment of a customer relationship.
This is an overview of the categories of personal data Sector Alarm processes:
Existing customer relationships:
- Name, date of birth or corporate identity, customer number, telephone number and e-mail address(s), as well as contact person(s), possibly with corresponding contact details.
- The address of the alarm installation, number, panel type and location of alarm components and name of user, password and code as well as the price and billing information.
- The use of the alarm system, including timestamps for activation or deactivation, which commands that have been performed and whom that have performed these (code) and alarm activation information with verification images from events and follow-up.
- Information about agreement, ownership change, installation, service, maintenance and customer contact with information from e-mail, contact form, SMS, chat and phone, and in some cases telephone recording.
- Management of integrated lock and smart plug controls (if the customer has this installed).
- If you contact us with general requests via e-mail, contact form or chat, we will process the data you provide in order to answer and follow up the request.
- If you contact us regarding an offer; name, date of birth or corporate identity, customer number, contact person(s), telephone number and e-mail address(s), as well as the result from the credit rating.
Sector Alarm processes the data as long as the purpose of the processing requires. After this, the data is deleted in a safe and secure manner unless it is anonymized or there is another legal basis for further storage of the data. Sector Alarm does not use personal data for decisions based solely on automated means.
Essentially, the personal data Sector Alarm processes originates from you, alarm users whom you have given access or your contact persons. Some information comes from us or the companies Sector Alarm engages to assist in the installation, deployment, credit rating, customer service and follow-up, billing, service development and delivery of IT services. These companies process your personal data on our behalf for the limited purpose that is necessary for them to perform the assistance and in accordance with existing data processing agreements. Incidentally, your personal data will not be disclosed to others unless you have given your consent to this, for example in connection with a benefit/bonus program, or if Sector Alarm is legally obligated to such disclosure.
Your personal data is stored and processed within the EU / EEA area, or in a third country pursuant to EU’s standard model clauses, and according to current privacy legislation.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is principally the performance of customer agreements and agreed additional services, in addition to take steps at your request prior to entering into agreements. When it comes to other requests, the legal basis will be your consent or a legal legitimate interest. According to Sector Alarm’s assessment, it exists a legal legitimate interest for the issuing of marketing, newsletters and information regarding our business to our customers and interested parties, as well as to answer and follow up requests. You may at any time request limitation of the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent. However, this may limit Sector Alarm’s ability to deliver the agreed services without this normally implying a breach of our part.
You have the right to access, rectification and erasure of your personal data. You also have the right to obtain restriction of our processing, make objection to the processing and the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to Sector Alarm and which is being processed electronically. You may obtain the information directly or have it transferred to another supplier/controller. Unless otherwise is requested, the information will be provided in a regular electronic format to your registered e-mail address. To use these rights, you have to confirm your identity. Please notice the contact information at the bottom of this data protection declaration.
If you consider that Sector Alarm’s processing of your personal data infringes the privacy legislation, you are entitled to complain to the Data Protection Commission.
Changes to our services or changes to the privacy legislation, may result in changes in this information. Updated information are at any time available at our website: www.sectoralarm.com
Service provider and data controller according to data privacy legislation is Sector Alarm Group AS, corporate identity 918 307 680 VAT, TLF: 915 03033 / 0047 233 99 400 from abroad. Business adress / visitor adress: Vitaminveien 1A, 0485 Oslo. Poastal adress: Postboks 113 Grefsen, 0485 Oslo. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.